Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"I wanna wake up feeling beautiful..."

it's scary how increasingly fake i am getting. 
i am looking at hair extensions. i have dyed my hair. i hate winter paleness and would get a tan if i could.  i cover my face in foundation every morning and slather my eyelashes in mascara and i don't feel beautiful until i've done that. and no one can say anything against that because i never let people see me without makeup. there is a handful of people i guess, but it is small...
Anyways, the point is...fake nails. fake hair. fake faces. 
and i stand here and say i want to be real. 
ha!
i don't know where this is gong but its something i've noticed about myself. i am happy to know it now rather than later when everything had elevated and progressed and whatnot. 
It is something i will be praying about later tonight when i write in my (newly established!!) prayer journal <3
because i don't want to be fake. not again. not when i was just coming to terms with being real. <3

4 comments:

Kaitlyn Nicole said...

I know the feeling!! Why is it so hard for us girls?? I don't get it. But I think being real starts inside and then will just naturally follow in your outward appearance...at least that's how I envision it. And I think you are sooo real, at least on your blog posts! So I think you're off to a good start :) All the words that you speak from your heart on here are much more beautiful than any amount of makeup or hair dye!! :)

Han and Momo said...

Thanks Kaitlyn! That means a lot to me, really! And i think it's true what you said about it having to start inside. :) <3 And i have to say thank you for getting me started on this. Because i never blogged so openly until i started reading yours. and you taught me that it was okay to open up! :)

Kaitlyn Nicole said...

aww, I'm so glad! :D writing is such a beautiful thing, especially when it comes from the heart! I'm so glad God gave us that ability when we have no where else to turn! <3

Han and Momo said...

this is true! I don't know what i would do without being able to write sometimes!! And then to give us friends that read each other's writing and can talk honestly like this? Yup, God definitely knows what He's doing!! :) hehe <3