Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Be strong in my weakness!

I know right; And yet i do wrong.
I say i'm strong; And i prove i'm weak.
I ask for help; And yet i run when it arrives.


Why? Why do i also turn from good? From my God?


He lights up my path; And yet i still venture into the darkness.


I know so much better. I know it.
So why can't i live it?


I cry out to Him asking Him where He is.
BUT NO!
He is right here. Right where He has been all along.
I am the one who cannot seem to stay where i belong. 
I am the one who knows right and does wrong.
And I am the one who proves she's weak in the midst of saying she's strong.


I know all of this. I can see it.
I choose my path.
I regret each step and i regret the destination.
So why do i continue to return?


I can see my downfall. I stay out of the Word too much. God, draw me in! I beg. Make the desire for You burn so strongly within me that i simply cannot resist it! Forgive me for i have fallen short. Please, pick me back up. Hold me in Your Arms. Love me, though i am undeserving. And make me strong! I beg. Or be strong in my weakness, Lord. I do not need to be strong for show, but because strength is needed to keep me on the right path. God, i humbly come before You and ask for Your Grace, Mercy, Love and Strength. I praise You in Jesus Holy and Precious Name, Amen <3


Let me just put this simply.
I stand for my Lord. 
And then i allow myself to fall under Satan.
I don't want to live my life apart from God. Apart from His Love and His Plan for me.
I need to choose His ways and ultimately...i WANT to choose His ways!


My mom read this in her devotional this morning. Thought i'd repost it here.


"It is important to remember that God’s truth came before Satan’s lies. When God’s truth comes first in our lives, we will be able to recognize the lies of Satan and temptation will be easier to withstand. When we get away from God’s Word, however, we become an easy target for temptation and sin. Sin will keep us from God’s Word or God’s Word will keep us from sin..."


And so i opened the Bible. I wondered if it was too late, but i heard God's Voice whisper to me, saying that its never too late.
So i opened it.


"How can you say that the Lord does not see your troubles?...He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of His understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; He offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait in the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."--God's Love Letter.

No comments: